Calico Reusable Fresh Produce Bags
Now, calico is a pretty forgiving material but it can be prone to some shrinkage when exposed to high temperatures during the washing and drying process, so the following is a guide so that you might get the best longevity from your bags.
- Machine wash in cold water & line dry.
- When not in use, ensure bags are dried thoroughly and kept dry unless when placed in a refrigerated, or frozen, environment.
Beeswax Reusable Food Wraps
Beeswax wraps, unlike calico, can be a little temperamental and will require a little more nurturing in order to get a decent life out of them. By following the next basic guide, you should get a couple of years from yours.
- Do not use on animal products nor animal bi-products (this includes, but is not limited to; eggs, meat & dairy).
- Wash using cool to warm soapy water and a gentle circular rubbing action.
- DO NOT use abrasives or a scrubbing brush as this could remove the wax.
- DO NOT use HOT WATER as this will melt the wax.
- Store by cleaning and allowing to completely dry before rolling or folding, and storing the wraps in a cool, dry place in your home, or workplace.